13.0309 Individual rights.
All persons within the department shall seek to accomplish the purposes and mission of this act while respecting individual rights including:
(1) Respect for the dignity of each individual;
(2) Protection of health information privacy for each individual consistent with the purpose of this act and any other applicable federal or Territory laws;
(3) Provision of adequate due process as required by this act or other applicable federal or Territory laws; and
(4) Avoidance of explicit or implicit discrimination in an unlawful manner of individuals on the basis of their race, ethnicity, nationality, religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, or disability status.
(5) The director shall adopt regulations addressing and governing the protection of individuals during the department’s response to any event or occurrence of a pubic health emergency.History: 2007, PL 30-11.