13.1111 Duties of the Director.
It shall be the duty of the Director to implement the purposes of this chapter and to administer and enforced the law. The Director shall:
(1) issue licenses for the sale of tobacco products;
(2) provide signs to parties licensed to sell tobacco products concerning the prohibition of tobacco sales to individuals under the age of 18;
(3) initiate investigations of violations of this chapter;
(4) seek and enforce civil penalties and fines for violation of this chapter;
(5) initiate actions to suspend revoke, or deny renewal of a license; and
(6) has the authority to deputize others to enforce the law as contained in this chapter.History: 1994, PL 23-17.