16.1502 Administrator–Powers and duties.
The early childhood education program administrator has the following powers and duties:
(1) to design, develop, and review annually a comprehensive Territory-wide, community-based program to meet early childhood needs;
(2) to supervise, apportion, and administer the expenditure of all Territorial and Federal funds utilized for early childhood education;
(3) to apply for, receive, and administer funds which are, or may become, available under federal programs pertaining to child education, including funds for administration, demonstration projects, construction, or acquisition of facilities, training, technical assistance, planning, and evaluation;
(4) to assist children and their parents or guardians in obtaining the assistance and service which the child needs and which are provided by the Territory;
(5) to develop a program to inform the public concerning comprehensive early childhood education;
(6) to provide for the regular evaluation of all early childhood education;
(7) to adopt rules, without reference to the Administrative Procedure Act, 4.1001 et seq., for the implementation of the powers and duties prescribed within this section; and
(8) to report and make recommendations to the Director for improvement of comprehensive early childhood education programs.History: 1977, PL 15-15 § 1.