16.2004 Board of Higher Education–Powers and duties.
The Board of Higher Education, in addition to other provisions of this chapter:
(1) shall serve in a supervisory capacity and as such, shall function to supervise the implementation of the powers and duties of the college;
(2) shall select its chairman and other officers from among its own membership;
(3) may change the name of the college, with approval of the Legislature;
(4) shall review and approve the educational program of the college;
(5) shall grant diplomas, certificates, degrees or other honors; and
(6) shall adopt the seal of the college.History: 1992, PL 22-30.