The museum of American Samoa is authorized, acting through the board of trustees, to perform the following functions:
(1) acquire by purchase, lease, gift, loan, or otherwise, and hold, manage and administer, all such property, real or personal, as it deems necessary to carry out its purposes;
(2) accept from the federal government or any other government, organization, body or agency, public or private, services, equipment, supplies, materials or funds by way of gift, loan or grants; provided, that all funds shall be for the purposes of 17.0401 and 17.0402 and no other;
(3) apply for tax-exempt status;
(4) adopt, amend, and repeal bylaws;
(5) make contracts as authorized, and sue and be sued in its own name;
(6) adopt and issue such rules and regulations not inconsistent with the provisions of this chapter as may be necessary for the operation and maintenance of the museum, and for the conduct of visitors, patrons and the general public; and
(7) employ such personnel as are deemed necessary by the board of trustees.History: 1971, PL 12-30 § 3; 1999, PL 26-3.