18.0102 Commission-Powers and duties.
The commission has the following powers and duties:
(1) carry out those duties as may be set out in this title and other laws, and the rules, of the government which specifically delegate power or authority to the commission;
(2) elect, at its first meeting and thereafter annually at the first meeting in October, a chairman, who presides at all meetings, and other officers as it may consider desirable from among its members;
(3) develop policies and programs for the administration, management and operation of the parks system and recreational activities;
(4) review and make recommendations to the Governor and department on:
(I) comprehensive plans, applications and acceptances pertaining to federal assistance programs prior to their final approval and submission;
(II) the preliminary and final budgets of the department prior to submission to the Legislature;
(III) during the first month of each quarter, the operation and financial records of the department for the previous quarter; and
(IV) the department’s annual report prior to submission to the Legislature; and
(5) perform other assignments as the Governor may make in the furtherance of the overall development of the parks system recreational programs.History: 1980, PL 16-55 § 5.