As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) “Customer” means any natural person or persons, corporation, trust, partnership, incorporated or unincorporated association, and any other legal entity, and includes a person authorized by the customer to act on the customer’s behalf.
(2) “Director” means the Director of the Consumer Protection Bureau.
(3) “Motor vehicle” and “vehicle” means a motor vehicle as defined in 22.0101(14) and 22.0101(33) which is required to be registered under 22.1001 et seq., or with a governmental agency of another jurisdiction performing a similar function.
(4) “Motor vehicle repair shop” or “shop” means an individual, corporation, partnership, or other form of business organization engaged in the motor vehicle repair business and includes owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and representatives but excludes the following:
(A) a shop engaged solely in the business of repairing the motor vehicles of a single commercial, industrial or governmental establishment, or of 2 or more of these establishments which are related by common ownership or corporation affiliation; and
(B) a person repairing his own or a family member’s motor vehicle.
(5) “Repair” or “repairs” means the painting, improvement, adjustment, replacement, examination, diagnosis, maintenance, servicing, removal or installation of any component or part of a motor vehicle, but does not include towing or the supply of motor fuel to a motor vehicle.History: 1986, PL 19-54 § 1.