27.1018 Customs officers service fees.
(a) Charges shall be collected for services of customs officers from the owner, master or agency of a vessel as follows:
(1) attendance of customs officers at any place other than port of entry, per day, $30.00;
(2) attendance of customs officers outside of regular business hours, per hour, $15.00;
(3) granting clearance to commercial vessels per entry and per departure, $6.00;
(4) granting clearance to noncommercial vessels, per entry and per departure, $50.00.
(5) processing Customs Declaration of Entry forms, $5.00 per declaration per vessel. This charge shall not apply to passengers. The revenues from this charge shall be deposited in an account earmarked for and dedicated to the repayment of the government loan approved in 7.1444.5. Upon full repayment of said loan, collection of this tax shall be deposited in the general fund and shall be available for appropriation by the Legislature.
(b) The schedule of charges in paragraph (a) (1) and (a)(2) contemplates that those charges are calculated per man/per hour, or per man/per day, provided that where attendance of customs officers as paragraph (a)(1) is off Tutuila Island, the cost of travel, per diem, or other costs, including overtime, will be charged and collected from whomsoever requires such off-island attendance of customs officers.History: 1963, PL 8-1; 1968, PL 10-39; 1972, PL 12-49 § 13;amd 1977, PL 15-9; 1987, PL 20-29 § 13; amd 1998, PL 25-29, 25-33; 2007, PL 30-5; 2008, PL 30-36.
Amendments: 1977 Raised charges and added sentence at end. 1987 Subsection (a)(1): raised charge.
Subsection (a)(2): added “s” to charge.
Subsection (a)(3): changed provision to apply to commercial vessels only.
Subsection (a)(4): added.
Subsection (b): deletes certain terms and punctuation.