31.0330 Fees for notarial acts.
(a) The maximum fees that may be charged by a notary for notarial acts are:
(1) for acknowledgments, $10.00 per signature;
(2) for oaths or affirmations without a signature, $20.00 per person;
(3) for jurats, $10.00 per signature;
(4) for signature witnessings, $10.00 per signature;
(5) for certified copies, $5.00 per page certified with a minimum total charge of $10.00;
(b) A notary may charge a travel fee when traveling to perform a notarial act if:
(1) the notary and the person requesting the notarial act agree upon the travel fee in advance of the travel; and
(2) the notary explains to the person requesting the notarial act that the travel fee is both separate from the notarial fee in subsection (a) and neither specified nor mandated by law.History: 2008, PL 30-18.