4.0408 Outside specialists may be hired.

Print This

The Territorial Auditor may obtain the services of independent certified public accountants, qualified management consultants or other professional persons, as he deems necessary to assist him in carrying out his duties. Independent specialists shall be used for any audit involving the territorial audit office, or with respect to which the Territorial Auditor or the territorial audit office has a conflict of interest, including an audit of any agency, contract, or grant for which the Territorial Auditor has had management responsibility or in which he was employed during 2 years preceding the time period covered by the audit, or during the 2 years preceding or subsequent to the audit time period.

History: 1985, PL 19-21 § 1.