40.0105 Election against will.

Print This

A surviving spouse may elect to take dower instead of property devised or bequeathed to such spouse. The election must be made by filing with the Clerk of the High Court a written notice of intention to take dower within 90 days after the admission of the will to probate.

History: 1962, PL 7-21; readopted 1980, PL 16-48 § 1; 1982, PL 17-31 § 1.