41.0802 Application-Fees and documentation required.
(a) An applicant for a foreign investor entry permit shall provide to the Attorney General:
(1) a non-refundable application fee of $500 (five hundred U.S. dollars) for an accepted participant in an enterprise granted a certificate of foreign investment, which includes the spouse and two dependent children;
(2) name, present address at both residents and business, and any telephone, telex, or facsimile numbers;
(3) a certified copy of the birth certificate of the applicant, the spouse and dependent children;
(4) a sworn statement of the applicant’s educational background and achievements, and employment and business background;
(5) three reference letters of good character from non-relatives;
(6) a certificate of good health of the applicant, his spouse and dependent children;
(7) evidence of present citizenship of the applicant, the spouse and dependent children;
(8) a background report by an acceptable international investigate agency;
(9) a financial report certified by a registered and certified public accounting firm;
evidence that applicant has made available or obtained the financing for an investment of at least $1,000,000 (one million U.S. dollars) for an individual enterprise that has received an approval letter, pursuant to section 27.2608, for a certificate of foreign investment in American Samoa, with such investment already placed in escrow in American Samoa in a designated, suitably insured, financial banking institution; or
(10) evidence that the applicant has already invested at least $250,000 (two hundred fifty thousand U.S. dollars) in a bona fide corporation or partnership capitalized at no less than $5,000,000 (five million U.S. dollars) registered in American Samoa with an approval letter for a certificate of foreign investment;
(11) six passport-sized photographs, two of which will be endorsed on the back with the words. “This is a true photograph of (name of applicant)” and signed by the applicant; the same is required of the applicant’s spouse and dependent children; and
(12) three original specimens of applicant’s signature.History: 1988, PL 20-56; 1988, PL 20-80 amd 1991, PL 22-11.