46.0104 Powers and duties.
The Board shall:
(1) serve as the Territorial Planning Agency under the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 and the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act of 1974 as amended, and other related federal acts;
(2) advise and assist the Governor in developing policies, plans, programs, and budgets for improving the coordination, administration and effectiveness of the criminal justice system in the Territory;
(3) prepare a Territorial Comprehensive Criminal Justice Plan on behalf of the Governor;
(4) establish goals, priorities, and standards for the reduction of crime and improvement of the administration of justice in the Territory;
(5) recommend legislation to the Governor and Legislature in the criminal justice field;
(6) monitor and evaluate programs and projects aimed at reducing crime and delinquency and improving the administration of justice;
(7) cooperate with and provide technical assistance to public and private agencies relating to the criminal justice system;
(8) apply for, contract for, receive, and expend for its purposes any appropriations or grant for the Territory, the Federal Government, or any other source public or private, in accordance with the appropriations process;
(9) have the authority to collect from any governmental entity information, data, reports, statistics, or other material which is necessary to carry out the board’s functions; and
(10) perform other duties as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter.History: 1978, PL 15-107 § 4.