As used in this chapter:
(a) Patronizes prostitution: a person “patronizes prostitution” if:
(1) under a prior understanding, he gives something of value to another person as compensation for that person or a third person having engaged in sexual conduct with him or with another;
(2) he gives or agrees to give something of value to another person on an understanding that in return there for that person or a third person will engage in sexual conduct with him or with another; or
(3) he solicits or requests another person to engage in sexual conduct with him or with another, or to secure a third person to engage in sexual conduct with him or with another, in return for something of value.
(b) Promoting prostitution: a person “promotes prostitution” if, acting other than as a prostitute or a patron of a prostitute, he knowingly:
(1) causes or aids a person to commit or engage in prostitution;
(2) procures or solicits patrons for prostitution;
(3) provides persons or premises for prostitution purposes;
(4) operates or assists in the operation of a house of prostitution or a prostitution enterprise;
(5) accepts or receives or agrees to accept or receive something of value under an agreement or understanding with any person where he participates or is to participate in proceeds of prostitution activity; or
(6) engages in any conduct designed to institute, aid, or facilitate an act or enterprise of prostitution.
(c) Prostitution: a person commits “prostitution” if he engages or offers or agrees to engage in sexual conduct with another person in return for something of value to be received by the person or by a third person;
(d) “Sexual conduct” occurs when there is:
(1) “sexual intercourse” which has the meaning specified in subsection (c) of 46.3601;
(2) “deviate sexual intercourse” which has the meaning specified in subsection (a) of 46.3601;
(3) “sexual contact” which has the meaning specified in subsection (b) of 46.3601.
(e) “Something of value” means any money or property, or any token, object or article exchangeable for money or property.History: 1979, PL 16-43 § 2.
Research Guide: MCC 567.010,15 ASC 881.