46.3705 Promoting prostitution in the first degree.
(a) A person commits the crime of promoting prostitution in the first degree if he knowingly:
(1) promotes prostitution by compelling a person to enter into, engage in, or remain in prostitution; or
(2) promotes prostitution of a person less than 16 years old.
(b) The term “compelling” includes:
(1) the use of forcible compulsion;
(2) the use of a drug or intoxicating substance to render a person incapable of controlling his conduct or appreciating its nature; or
(3) withholding or threatening to withhold dangerous drugs or a narcotic from a drug dependent person.
(c) Promoting prostitution in the first degree is a class B felony.History: 1979, PL 16-43 § 2.
Research Guide: MCC 567.050, 15 ASC 881.