11.0626 Noncompetitive Condition.
A. Conditions for use. Contracts may be awarded without competition when the LBJ Chief Procurement Officer determines in writing that award of a contract is unfeasible under small purchase, competitive sealed bidding, or competitive negotiation procedures and that there is only one source available to furnish the required construction, goods, or services. The written determination shall be prepared by the requisition initiator and shall contain the following information:
1. The unique capabilities of the source that are required, why they are required, and the degree of consideration given to other sources.
2. The facilities or equipment of the source that are required, why they are required and if they are unavailable from other sources.
3. Whether the work is a continuation of a contract work previously performed by the source and the additional time, expense, or duplication of effort required to bring another source up to that level.
4. Whether drawings or specifications suitable for competitive sealed bidding or competition negotiation are available. If unavailable, explain why and the time and expense required to develop them.
5. Other sources given consideration and specific reasons why they lack qualifications required for the procurement.History: Rule 8, eff. March 3, 1999.