Appendix G – Clean Air and Water
(a) ” Air Act, ” as used in this clause, means the Clean Air Act (42 USC 7401 et seq.).
“Clean air standards,” as used in this clause, means:
(1) Any enforceable rules, regulations, guidelines, standards, limitations, orders, controls, prohibitions, work practices, or other requirements contained in, issued under, or otherwise adopted under the Air Act or Executive Order 11738;
(2) An applicable implementation plan as described in section 110(d) of the Air Act (42 USC 7410(d));
(3) An approved implementation procedure or plan under section 111(c) or section 111(d) of the Air Act (42 USC 7411(c) or (d)); or
(4) An approved implementation procedure under section 112(d) of the Air Act (42 USC 7412(d)).
“Clean water standards,” as used in this clause, means any enforceable limitation, control, condition, prohibition, standard, or other requirement promulgated under the Water Act or contained in a permit issued to a discharger by the Environmental Protection Agency or by a state under an approved program, as authorized by section 402 of the Water Act (33 USC 1342), or by local government to ensure compliance with pretreatment regulations as required by section 307 of the Water Act (33 USC 1317).
“Compliance,” as used in this clause, means compliance with:
(1) Clean air or water standards; or
(2) A schedule or plan ordered or approved by a court of competent jurisdiction, the Environmental Protection Agency, or an air or water pollution control agency under the requirements of the Air Act or Water Act and related regulations.
“Facility,” as used in this clause, means any building, plant, installation, structure, mine, vessel or other floating craft, location, or site of operations, owned, leased, or supervised by a contractor or subcontractor, used in the performance of a contract or subcontract. When a location or site of operations includes more than one building, plant, installation, or structure, the entire location or site shall be deemed a facility except when the administrator, or a designee, of the Environmental Protection Agency, determines that independent facilities are collocated in one geographical area.
“Water Act,” as used in this clause, means Clean Water Act (33 USC 1251) et seq.).
(b) The contractor agrees:
(1) To comply with all the requirements of section 114 of the Clean Air Act (42 USC 7414) and section 308 of the Clean Water Act (33 USC 1318) relating to inspection, monitoring, en try, reports, and information, as well as other requirements specified in section 114 and section 308 of the Air Act and the Water Act, and all regulations and guidelines issued to implement those acts before the award of this contract;
(2) That no portion of the work required by this prime contract will be performed in a facility listed on the Environmental Protection Agency List of Violating Facilities on the date when this contract was awarded unless and until the EP A eliminates the name of the facility from the listing;
(3) To use best efforts to comply with clean air standards and clean water standards at the facility in which the contract is being performed; and
(4) To insert the substance of this clause into any nonexempt subcontract, including this subparagraph (b)(4).History: Rule 5-84, eff 11 Jut 84, (part).